MCA is a 2 years programme. The course is divided into 6 semesters. The programme is aimed at empowering students with competencies in programming through intense practical training of the areas covered. Emphasis is laid on the application level of the areas touched during the course. Along with this, workshops, seminars, trainings, certification programmes, internships, etc helps the students to relate and be at par with the current practices followed in the industry. The School organizes skill development programmes on topics such as network configuration, which is at par with CISCO certified network associate.
- Develops an understanding of the Application of Computing and Domain Knowledge.
- Most recent technologies included in Syllabus
- Mini-Projects have been included to develop professional programming skills
- Embedded grooming of professionals aimed at better placement.
MCA at our University strives to shape outstanding computer professionals with ethical and human values to reshape nation’s destiny. The training programme aims to prepare young minds for the challenging opportunities in the IT industry with a global awareness rooted in our country, nourished and supported by experts in the field.
The programme will touch base on core trending areas of research such as data structures and its implementation, web infrastructure, software engineering, Operating Systems, wireless networks & security, mobile app development, web app development, mini projects, major projects, etc. Upon completion of the programme, a MCA graduate can opt for jobs such as software programmer, software engineer, software developer, systems analyst, software application architect, software consultant, system analyst, database administrator, java developer, quality assurance engineer, etc.
- DATA STRUCTURES USING C & C++
- RELATIONAL DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- SYSTEM SOFTWARE & OPERATING SYSTEMS
- DATA STRUCTURE
- RDBMS LAB
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS
- OPERATIONS RESEARCH
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING & ARCHITECTURE
- DOT NET FRAMEWORK
- oops using java
- NET LAB & MINI PROJECT
- JAVA LAB & MINI PROJECT
- CYBER LAW & ETHICAL HACKING
- WIRELESS NETWORKS & SECURITY
- MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT
- WEB PROGRAMMING
- MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT LAB & MINI PROJECT
- WEB APP DEVELOPMENT LAB & MINI PROJECT
- SOFT COMPUTING, AI, AND VR
- PROJECT REPORT-WRITING & TECHNICAL COMM.
The department conducts an array of knowledge dissemination programme in the form of
workshops, skill development programme on topics such as network configuration, national level
workshop on android application development etc. An International level conference is organised
titled “Tec’afe” which witnesses submission of research papers from 43 countries. Corporate
mentoring is introduced at an early stage in the programme to guide our students who are
mentored under the supervision of industry experts.
Career prospects are as follows:
- Analyst Programmer
- E-Disclosure Specialist
- Financial Software Developer
- Information Security Consultant
- Software Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Post Doctoral Research Associate
- Few have gone on to study MCA postgraduate degree.
Academics: A bachelor’s degree at the under-graduate level (BCA / B.Sc. IT / B.Sc. Comp.Sc.). is eligible for admission to MCA Course.
Required grades: 50% aggregate marks at the Under-Graduate level.
Desirable Aptitude And Areas Of Interest
You should have the enthusiasm for scholastic activities such as programming, gaming, IT security, Software development which shows signs of an inquisitive computational expert.
You are expected to participate wholeheartedly in various academic and community life, making the most of the opportunities available to you.
You are encouraged to be active in varied extra-curricular activities and enjoy participation in areas such as sport, traveling, outdoor activities and community work.
Paid or voluntary work
Although we do not require applicants to have been in paid or voluntary employment, we welcome applications from those who can manifest diligence and ability to prioritise by being employed in work alongside their studies.
- Register/ Apply Online
- Generation of Unique ID Number
- Selection of Courses Offered
- Enrolment Details
- Entrance for Scholarship/Educational Loan
- Fee Payment
- Personal Interview with Dean
- Enrolment Confirmed
- Issuing of GCU Enrolment Letter
- Entry to GCU Student’s Dashboard Entry