M.Sc. FORENSIC SCIENCE
1. B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the major subjects and any two of the following subjects (Anthropology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology / Botany/ Genetics/ Mathematics/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology/ MBBS/ BDS/ B.Pharm./ B.Sc.(Forensic Science)) are also eligible, provided they have secured 50% marks in the aggregate of all the optional subjects.
2. In the Absence of candidates in (1), Graduates in Agricultural Science, Dairy Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries, Pharmacy, Engineering (Biotechnology), Medicine / Dental or Agricultural Engineering, with 50% marks in the aggregate are eligible.
M.Sc. Forensic Science
With a goal to produce a batch of scientists who use their skills to unravel mysteries behind crime scenes, the GCU offers an outstanding programme of M.Sc in Forensic Sciences. Since the subject has a strong social and legal relevance, the programme has evolved throughout the ages to keep in touch with the changing justice practices and societal issues. The students get a dynamic understanding of the vital issues, both on a national and an international scale. The students are taken through a course consisting of subjects such as Forensic Ballistics, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology and Forensic Anthropology, Criminology and Forensic Psychology, Photography and trace evidence.
With a strong foundation in theoretical knowledge, the students are also trained in the practical and research aspects of Forensic Science. GCU ensures that the postgraduates in Forensic Science have a robust knowledge of the workings of DNA typing, Forensic Dermatoglyphics, Questioned Documents, Cyber forensics, Narcoanalysis, and other aspects of Forensic Serology. The programme also calls for the students to intern and volunteer at local agencies of justice in order to get real-time exposure to the mechanisms of the industry.
1. B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the major subjects and any two of the following subjects: (Anthropology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology / Botany/ Genetics/ Mathematics/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology/ MBBS/ BDS/ B.Pharm./ B.Sc.(Forensic Science)) are also eligible, provided they have secured 50% marks in the aggregate of all the optional subjects.
2. In the absence of candidates in (1), Graduates in Agricultural Science, Dairy Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries, Pharmacy, Engineering (Biotechnology), Medicine / Dental or Agricultural Engineering, with 50% marks in the aggregate are eligible.
Fee structure for the Academic year 2022-23
Domestic Fee Structure
M.Sc Forensic Science
3 Subsequent Instalments
International / NRI structure
M.Sc Forensic Science
3 Subsequent Instalments
- Introduction to Forensic Science, Criminal Law, Criminology and Police Administration(Theory & Practical)
- Criminalistics (Theory & Practical)
- Forensic Biology (Theory & Practical)
- Fundamentals of Fingerprint examination and Questioned Documents(Theory & Practical) Soft Core Courses
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics
- General Instrumentation 1 (Theory & Practical)
- Forensic Chemistry (Theory & Practical)
- Forensic Medicine, Toxicology and Forensic Anthropology (Theory & Practical)
- Minor Dissertation
- Trace Evidence and Photography
- Research Methodology with Ethics in Research
- Forensic Ballistics / Advanced Forensic Chemistry (Theory & Practical)
- General instrumentation-2 / Forensic Serology, Genetics & DNA typing (Theory & Practical)
- Cyber Forensics /Advanced Forensic Toxicology (Theory & Practical)
- Questioned documents / Forensic Dermatoglyphics (Theory & Practical) Soft Core Courses
- Bioinformatics Open Elective Course
- DNA typing Self Study
- Juvenile Justice System
- Major Dissertation
Why I Chose GCU
Mr. Suhwan Lim
The reason why I chose Garden City University is that it empowers students to flourish their knowledge not only theoretically but also practically. They teach students how to implement whatever they have learned in the classes in real-world situations, and it inspired me to join the university.
Garden City University also teaches students how to socialize with people, bringing them a positive impact. I believe that the way they educate students will eventually lead students to be leaders of the upcoming new era in the future.
Garden City University is a 28-year-old institution and INTERDISCIPLINARY in nature. The University has eight Schools under it offering courses from Diploma to Bachelor to Post graduation to Phd. The university has students from 81 different countries and every state and union territory in India. The University has the Unique mix of Arts, Science and Management Education offered with Technology as the base. Be it Media studies, Life Sciences or Hotel Management, emphasis is on Practical education with the aid of technology tools to enhance learning and equip a student to work with the industry. Not to mention GCU has the credit of awarding graduation certification to 28 Colonels of the Indian Army attached to the Corps of Military Police.
The admission process is based on the courses offered at the UG and PG level.
The student goes online, fills the application with required details and files the same online for registering for the programme of choice. This will be accompanied by paying a registration fee as mentioned in the application form.
However, if the student needs any clarification, be it regarding the programme of choice or GCU as a University, entry criteria etc, the counsellors at the University are just a call away.
Once the registration process is completed, the admissions department shall communicate on further documents required and fee to be paid for the programme of choice.
Post the above process the student shall submit their original certificate to the registrar’s office for validation and verification. Once this process is completed the student gets enroled and an ID card is issued to the student. (Hostel formalities and transportation facilities are addressed in this page)
After enrolment the student shall voluntarily apply for GCU’s talent test which shall be the criteria for availing scholarship for the first year of study. Such talent test shall be conducted year on year to encourage studious students and also set the criteria for a UG student to be the most favoured student of choice for PG programmes.
The University runs its own hostels for boys and girls separately. The hostels are in the vicinity of the campus with automated entry and further secure measures. More details on the hostel, fees and terms and conditions may be availed from the admissions office.