Challenging, diverse and ever changing – the media plays a vital role in the global economy. M.Sc Electronic Media Studies equips you to navigate the legal, cultural, economic and technological contexts in which media organisations operate, and equips you with the skills you need to become an outstanding media manager.
We at Garden City University have prepared this professional Master’s Degree in Electronic Media Studies that uses business expertise and oversight to deal with the organisation and development of enterprises and artists within the media sector. Typically, in Bangalore, media students specialise in social media, digital media, stage manager, production, electronic media, broadcasting, and publishing or they migrate to managerial positions in copywriting, public relations or marketing and advertising. Whether you’re looking to become a masterful events manager, marketing guru, communications expert or entrepreneur in the media, you’ll choose from an impressive array of modules to tailor your learning.
- At GCU you will be taught by academics who are either actively engaged in media research or who have extensive media industry experience, giving you a unique blend of emergent ideas and real-world knowledge.
- We welcome industry leaders from the local short film Industry and media leaders from around the world to work with our students. Programme Leaders of the Film Industry and Cultural Forums to give guest lectures and share their insight and experiences with our students.
- As a student of this course, you'll receive a wide variety of media exposure during the program and have practical exposure to the specialization in the media front.
- We encouraged to participate in the video documenting of all the major events and programmes of the college as we have more than 120+ programs like seminars, workshops, conferences, meets and cultural events etc. A campus news bulletin called G NEWS” (Video) and Campus Radio News is the student-centric programs done by Electronic media students of GCU.
- Our staff are active in research and industry, and their combined areas of expertise include media industry experience and major media organisations, social media, interactive and media Cinematography, Graphics and Animation, 3D modelling, Web Designing, Video Editing, Sound Recording, Production of News Bulletin and Reporting, Production of Advertising and Corporate Films.
- You'll have the opportunity to work on real industry briefs. In the past, students have worked with TCS, Concentrix, Amazon.com, Coco cola, Business fundamentals and Cognizant in various fields in MSc Electronic Media.
Electronic Media at Garden City University is a perfectly designed program which aims at providing professional training and knowledge, technical excellence and commercial advantages. It makes students aware of technical and practical aspects of Television Journalism. It develops the capacity of evaluation and analysis of the events happening around the world.
This is a very collaborative course and you'll be in constant discussion with staff and other students about your work, whether in class or through the University website.
It develops skills for writing script, Reporting, Voice Over and for this medium. It develops skills of understanding of job prospect in the field of Radio, News portals, Film and Television.
This course offered at GCU is flexibly designed by subject experts and Industry to put you at the centre of your learning by using a range of teaching and assessment approaches that take into account your individual interests, abilities, and ambitions in Media Management. You will be taught through a combination of lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and online activities. Around the world, changes happen and it is brought through Electronic media to the masses, so there is high scope for the students who learn this medium.
The School of Media Studies consists of faculty members who are experts in Visual Communication, Digital Photography, Radio Production, Media Management and Laws, Video Editing, Film Studies, Animation, Television Production and several other specializations. The School encourages research activities amongst students. All years of our programme are kept under constant review to impart the best and updated education to the students.
Career prospects are as follows:
- Our GCU graduates are highly committed and their knowledge and skills are highly prized by employers across India and the world. Our graduates go on to take up challenging roles within a range of media industries including Public Relations and Communications agencies, Events Marketing agencies, Business Intelligence, Social Network Marketing, Music Licensing and Record Labels. Students from our course have also taken up roles in high-profile international companies.
At Garden City University we have a working placements drive which in the past has proven to increase your success in the job market, as well as being a fantastic experience. You can gain extra insight into the working environs as part of working placements drive which undertakes by using the experience as a basis for your Dissertation Projects. Students are encouraged to seek out some of the many opportunities the city of Bangalore has to offer whilst being supported by one of our dedicated Employability Officers throughout the process.
Academics: Any Bachelor's degree at ug level
Required grades: 50% aggregate marks at the Under-Graduate level
Desirable Aptitude And Areas Of Interest
The students should have the enthusiasm for scholastic activities such as rational reading & writing practices, media research, analytical reasoning capability, communicative approach and they should show interest in a compact module structure.
The students are expected to participate in various academic and also in community-based programs, making the most of the opportunities available to you.
You are encouraged to be active in varied extra-curricular activities and enjoy participation in areas such as sport, traveling, outdoor activities and community work.
Although we do not require applicants to have been in paid or voluntary employment, we welcome applications from those who can manifest assiduity and propensity to prioritise by being employed in assignments alongside their studies.
- Register/ Apply Online
- Generation of Unique ID Number
- Selection of Courses Offered
- Enrolment Details
- Entrance for Scholarship/Educational Loan
- Fee Payment
- Personal Interview with Dean
- Enrolment Confirmed
- Issuing of GCU Enrolment Letter
- Entry to GCU Student’s Dashboard Entry