Garden City University started its illustrious journey in 2017 under the leadership of Dr. Joseph VG and is part of the esteemed Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.
GCU was founded with a vision to provide world-class education to students all over the world. So far students from more than 81 countries have chosen to be a part of the Garden City Group Institutions and the numbers are only growing.
Garden City University boasts of highly qualified and experienced professors, faculty members, state-of-the-art infrastructure, a sprawling campus, and a dedicated team of tech and communications staff that has facilitated the seamless transition to virtual learning after the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Today, Garden City University is recognized as one of the most progressive Universities in India and the university strives consistently to elevate itself to newer heights.
Academic Excellence Meets Flexible Learning at GCU
Garden City University makes continuous efforts to upgrade its teaching pedagogy and utilize the latest advancements in technology to meet the teaching and learning requirements of the students in a rapidly changing world. So far GCU has been able to achieve most of what it has planned to establish itself as a premier institution among the educational fraternity in India.
GCU’s strategic plan for the coming years is ambitious but at the same time, a very practical approach to deal with futuristic India. Several aspects of GCU’s teaching and learning structure are to be given credit for the tremendous success that this university has achieved so far. Some of these are listed below:
- Immersion of technology that encourages online reading, learning through instructional videos and peer-to-peer discussions.
- Personal Academic advisors (PAA) who provide intensive advising support through regular contact with the students. PAAs help students explore their academic interests, identify resources for additional information and support, and develop plans of study appropriate for their educational goals.
- The syllabus is reviewed and updated every six months based on the latest developments in the industry
- Learning, monitoring, and creating an environment to help slow learners, visual learners, and high achievers equally.
- Blended learning allows the students to explore realistic situations by interacting with other people in a managed way.
- A module on Employability for all students to help them ace interviews.
- Entrepreneurship module for all students to help them develop an understanding, attitude, and essential skills to survive in the industry.
- Foreign Language Labs which start with online classes (open source).
- Option to pursue dual-Degree Programs either at the same institution or at different institutions.
- Opportunity to work on projects with WHO, World Economic Forum, Royal Society, OECD, World Bank among others.
- Collaboration of International universities with every Department.
- Provision of Incubation spaces for start-ups and established companies.
Garden City University takes into consideration the rapidly changing environment in the Higher education sector and presents a multi-fold approach to building a global university.
Indian Higher education is at the cusp of change and GCU is geared up to live up to the challenges of changing times. The stakeholders and GCU are more informed and ambitious than they would have been 10 or 15 years back.
GCU offers a flexible education system like no other. It enables the students to move within and across education, training, and employment. Young people can adapt their learning pathway as they go along, to suit their interests and abilities with the rise in affordability and accessibility of technology.