The Hotel Management Undergraduate programme at Garden City University, tests a student's entrepreneurial and managerial leanings in the hospitality industry. Students are trained on the principles of successful management and to translate the needs and desires of guests into customer oriented products and services. Students also learn how to find the right balance between running a business and indulging guests. Students receive mentoring in both hotel- specific and management-related subjects, while also learning to develop the required professional attitude. Significant attention is paid for understanding and dealing with cultural diversities.
Theoretical and practical methods of learning are both given equal importance. While classroom lectures, discussions, presentations and demonstrations are used to bestow theoretical knowledge, practical training is given to students through the expansive laboratories, handling core subjects like Front Office Management, Food and Beverage Production, Food and Beverage Service and Housekeeping.
- Students at Garden City University are provided with excellent facilities, and an accomplished teaching staff, enabling students to hone their skills in the best possible platform.
- The programme is associated professionally with – AFSTI, South India Hotels and Restaurants Association and South India Culinary Association. This certifies our programme as competent to strengthen the foundations of the students, enabling a career in the hospitality sector.
- Developing an understanding of the importance of customer satisfaction in business.
- “Joy of Learning” is the principle guiding strategy for all courses at GCU. To promote this motto, our faculties possess teaching qualities that help students learn how to perform tasks in a professional and scientific manner.
- GCU employs “ARM” pedagogy which fuels ambition in students, thus providing ample resources to excel through holistic mentoring, for students to achieve their goal.
- Our students are imbibed with qualities to learn scientifically and act professionally.
- The syllabus includes the latest in terms of breakthroughs and technologies.
- Mini-Projects have been included as part of the curriculum, to develop a holistic understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Our students are groomed in being more employable, in whichever sector they choose to enter.
- Successful graduates are placed in various organizations in the hospitality sector, which includes hotels, restaurants, airlines, front office management etc.