At the Hotel Management Undergraduate programme in Garden City University you learn how to lead a company successfully in the hospitality sector, either as an entrepreneur or as a manager. You learn to translate the needs and desires of your guests into fascinating and customer oriented products and services. You learn how to find the right balance between running a business and pampering the guests. To help you succeed, you receive teaching in both hotel-specific and management-related subjects. You also learn to develop the required professional attitude. Significant attention is paid for understanding and dealing with cultural diversities, because in the international hotel world you are in daily contact with guests and employees from other countries.
Both practical and theoretical methods of learning are given equal importance. While classroom lectures, discussions, presentations and demonstrations are used for imparting theoretical knowledge, the expansive laboratories help in teaching core subjects like Front Office, Food and Beverage Production, Food and Beverage Service and Housekeeping to provide first hand practical training.
- Reputation for good teaching in a student friendly environment.
- GCU has excellent facilities for the sole use of the department.
- This programme is in Professional Association with– AFSTI, South India Hotels and Restaurants Association and South India Culinary Association. This certifies that our programme is competent to strengthen the foundations of the students with the foundations enabling a career in hospitality sector.
- Develops an understanding of the blend between business and customer satisfaction.
- “Joy of Learning” is the principle guiding strategy for all courses at GCU.
- GCU employs the “ARM” pedagogy method which fuels ambition in the student, provides ample resources to excel and continuous mentoring for the students to achieve their goal.
- We train you to Professionally Do and Scientifically Know.
- Most recent technologies included in Syllabus.
- Mini-Projects have been included to develop professional programming skills.
- Embedded grooming of professionals aimed at better placement.
- Successful graduates are highly placed in varied organizations including hotel industries, restaurants, front office management, airlines etc.
Our Hotel Management programme will provide you with a thorough understanding of the domain of the hospitality sector such as to make you industry ready. In the first six semesters, you will study areas such as Food and Beverages, Hospitality Communication, Food Science, Safety and Nutrition, Hospitality Law, Hotel Financial Accounting and Human Resources Management. In the last two semesters, you will undertake Accommodations Management, Hotel Costing, Entrepreneurship Development and project which involves the implementation of a sophisticated piece of software based on your particular interest.
To encourage the innovative ideas of the students, we organize International Conference and workshop, “TRANSITION” where each student get equal opportunity to portray their research skill and come out with their innovations. Rigorous Guest Lectures and workshops under the series of “CULINARY STUDIO” by Industry professionals give the students a hands-on- training of the industry.
Internships and industry visits to king brands in the Hospitality and Catering sector suffice to the demand to bridge the gap between the academics and the industry.
- FOOD & BEVERAGE PRODUCTION - I
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE - I
- FRONT OFFICE – I
- HOUSEKEEPING – I
- HOSPITALITY COMMUNICATION
- COMPUTERS FUNDAMENTALS
- FOOD & BEVERAGE PRODUCTION - II
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE - II
- FRONT OFFICE – II
- HOUSEKEEPING – II
- FOOD SCIENCE, SAFETY AND NUTRITION
- ENVIRONMENT SCIENCE
- HOSPITALITY COMMUNICATION - II
- FOOD & BEVERAGE PRODUCTION - III
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE - III
- FRONT OFFICE – III
- HOUSEKEEPING – II
- PERSONALITY SKILLS FOR HOSPITALITY
- BASIC FRENCH
- WRITING SKILLS FOR HOSPITALITY
- BAKERY MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL PRACTICUM
- PROJECT REPORT ON OPERATIONAL ASPECTS OF STAR HOTELS
- HOSPITALITY FRENCH
- MARKETING OF HOSPITALITY SERVICES
- COMPUTERS IN HOSPITALITY SERVICES - I
- RETAIL MANAGEMENT
- HOSPITALITY SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- ADVANCED BAKING AND CONFECTIONERY
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- HOTEL FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- TRAVEL & TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY & APPLICATIONS
- HOSPITALITY LAW
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
- ACCOMMODATIONS MANAGEMENT
- HOTEL COSTING
- COMPUTERS IN HOSPITALITY SERVICES- II
- PROGRESSIVE HOSPITALITY ELECTIVES
- Allied Hospitality Segments
- Revenue Management
- Facility Planning
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- SPECIALIZATION ELECTIVE PRACTICALS
- SPECIALIZATION ELECTIVE- INDUSTRIAL EXPOSURE AND HOSPITALITY PROJECT
The School of Professional Studies consists of faculty members who are experts in Food and Beverages, Front Office Management, Housekeeping, Marketing, Baking, Travel and Tourism Management and several other specializations. The School encourages research activities amongst students. All years of our programme are kept under constant review to impart the best and updated education to the students.
Our students have been placed into position such as:
- Accommodation manager
- Catering manager
- Event organiser
- Fast food restaurant manager
- Hotel manager
- Public house manager
- Restaurant manager
- Air Hostess
Academics: Pass at 10+2/Equivalent from a recognised board
Desirable Aptitude And Areas Of Interest
The students should have the enthusiasm for scholastic activities such as rational reading & writing practices, media research, analytical reasoning capability, communicative approach and they should show interest in a compact module structure.
The students are expected to participate in various academic and also in community-based programs, making the most of the opportunities available to you.
You are encouraged to be active in varied extra-curricular activities and enjoy participation in areas such as sport, traveling, outdoor activities and community work.
Paid or voluntary work
Although we do not require applicants to have been in paid or voluntary employment, we welcome applications from those who can manifest diligence and ability to prioritise by being employed in work alongside their studies.
- Register/ Apply Online
- Generation of Unique ID Number
- Selection of Courses Offered
- Enrolment Details
- Entrance for Scholarship/Educational Loan
- Fee Payment
- Personal Interview with Dean
- Enrolment Confirmed
- Issuing of GCU Enrolment Letter
- Entry to GCU Student’s Dashboard Entry