Fashion design is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social latitudes, and has varied over time and place. The new, young, talented and ever creative generation has shown a huge interest in taking up courses in fashion institutes to enhance their creativity and get a first-hand information on how the fashion world works. The Fashion and Apparel design program at GCU channelizes the creative skills of the students, gives proper direction to the creative quotient and communication skills to mould them into successful fashion designers. The Fashion Design course encourages the creative flair of those minds who think to possess a sense of style. Students are given hands-on training on all these aspects with the help of latest teaching aids like workshops, educational tours, industrial visits webinars, seminars and conferences.
- Offers a holistic approach towards the course, with a strong foundation in the core areas and the opportunity to choose and specialize in areas of particular interest.
- Industry endorsed curriculum ensures relevance to the current scenarios of the fashion world.
- Research inclined curriculum and micro-projects incorporated in every module encourages critical analysis and inquisitiveness on a wide range of contemporary fashion issues.
- An international environment created with students from over 79 countries ensures learning experience with a diverse range of perspectives.
- Bangalore provides an excellent learning ground with its multinational corporate and fashion houses offering opportunities to engage with the latest in the fashion sectors.
- Excellent placement record stands testimony to the employability of our graduates with our alumni, spread across various sectors.
- We train you to Practice Professionally and Learn Scientifically.
- GCU employs the “ARM” pedagogy method which fuels ambition in the student, provides ample resources to excel and continuous mentoring for the students to achieve their goal.
This Course Is Offered By The Regulating Authority Of Garden City Group Of Institutions And Follows The Guidelines As Opined By UGC.
Our Fashion and Apparel Design programme will provide you with a thorough understanding of the domain of the Fashion and Apparel sector such as to make you industry ready. To encourage the innovative ideas of the students, we organize International Conference “IMPRESSIONS” where each student get equal opportunity to portray their research skill and come out with their innovations. Rigorous Guest Lectures and workshops under the series of “FASHION STUDIO” by Industry professionals give the students a hands-on-training of the industry.
Our department has a good repute of teaching in a student friendly domain. We use a blend of teaching styles including traditional lectures, small and large tutorial groups, practical laboratories, individual and group projects, and provide opportunities to speak to the mentors on a one-to-one basis. We have an active research programme that we bring to supplement on our teaching, manifesting all students in the final years of their courses to the latest issues in the field.
This programme includes flexible choices for you to follow your interests, in the final year. Assessment is made using a blend of conventional examinations, coursework, presentations, and laboratory exercises.
Career prospects are as follows:
25 years of legacy and strong placement initiatives has ensured that GCU Graduates are highly employable. The strong alumni base provides hand holding for a smooth transition from classroom to the corporate.
Regular recruiters on our campus include:
At Garden City University we have a working placements drive which in the past has proven to increase your success in the job market, as well as being a fantastic experience. You can gain extra insight into the working environs as part of working placements drive which undertakes by using the experience as a basis for your Dissertation Projects. Students are encouraged to seek out some of the many opportunities the city of Bangalore has to offer whilst being supported by one of our dedicated Employability Officers throughout the process.
Academics: Pass in 10+2 or Equivalent.
Desirable Aptitude And Areas Of Interest
Social, Creative, Competitive and Communicative if these words describe you, and you take a keen interest in stitching, designing, playing with colours, redefining style; you will have an added advantage and will be able to polish your personality and skills through various activities conducted at GCU.