BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
Pass in 10+2 / Equivalent with minimum of five subjects
BCA - Bachelor of Computer Applications
In a world dominated by technology, computers are more of a necessity than a commodity, a way to get things done faster, better, and more accurately. For students who want to learn more about computer languages, and gain an insight into the world of computers, and their applications, the Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) program is an ideal choice.
The comprehensive curriculum at GCU has been crafted to develop strong programming knowledge, creativity, teamwork, profound database concepts, analytical thinking, the ability to design applications for practical purposes, and strong communication skills, amongst students who opt for this course.
In the ever-expanding IT industry, the demand for BCA graduates is also increasing proportionally. Graduates from this programme can find several lucrative job opportunities, in both private, and public sector companies. The course opens the door to some reputed job titles, which include System Engineer, Web Developer, Software Developer, Software Tester, Junior Programmer, and System Administrator, just to name a few.
- Reputation for good teaching in a student friendly environment.
- GCU has excellent facilities for the sole use of the department
- This programme is in Professional Association with– Indian Society for Technical Education and Computer Society of India. This certifies that our programme is competent to strengthen the foundations of the students with the foundations enabling a career in computing or information systems.
- Develops an understanding of the Application of Computing and Domain Knowledge
- Joy of Learning is the principle guiding strategy for all courses at GCU.
- GCU employs the ARM pedagogy method which fuels ambition in the student, provides ample resources to excel and continuous mentoring for the students to achieve their goal.
- We train you to Professionally Do and Scientifically Know.
- Most recent technologies included in Syllabus
- Mini-Projects have been included to develop professional programming skills
- Embedded grooming of professionals aimed at better placement.
- Successful graduates are highly placed in varied organizations including banking, finance, management and major software houses.
Pass in 10+2 / Equivalent with minimum of five subjects.
Wherever grading system or any other system is followed for evaluating the performance of the candidate in the qualifying examination, the applicant should ensure that a certificate indicating the percentage of marks obtained has to be submitted through the University / Board last studied. Applicants passing GCE / O / A level examination should have passed 4 + 3 or 5 + 2 subjects at the O & A level respectively.
The examination approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) only will be considered by the Garden City University. Others who have passed the examination which is not in the AIU approved list shall obtain equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities.
Fee structure for the Academic year 2022-23
Domestic / NRI Fee Structure
5 Subsequent Instalments
International Fee Structure
5 Subsequent Instalments
CAUTION DEPOSIT : Rs. 5000/- to be paid by all the students. (Rs. 3000/- will be refunded after successful completion of the course and Rs. 2000/- would be retained towards registration fees for life time Alumni Association Membership)
EXAMINATION FEES PER SEMESTER
UG Programs: Rs.1550/-, PG Programs: Rs.2250/-, Research Programs: Rs.5500/-, Diploma Programs: Rs.1850/-, Practical Examination + Viva Voce Charges (wherever applicable): Rs.750/-
- Problem Solving Technique Using C (Theory and Practical)
- Digital Computer Networks- I
- Information Systems and its Applications (Theory) Ability Enhancement Courses
- Environmental Studies (Theory) Skill Enhancement Course
- Communicative English (Theory)
- Information & Communication Technology (Theory) Generic Elective Course
- AI for Everyone (Theory)
- Web Technology (Theory and Practical)
- Data Structures (Theory and Practical)
- Digital Computer Networks-II (Theory and Practical) Ability Enhancement Courses
- MIL English
- MIL Kannada
- MIL Hindi Skill Enhancement Course
- Speaking Kannada Generic Elective Course
- Multimedia (Theory)
- Unix Programming(Theory and Practical)
- OOPs using C++(Theory and Practical)
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design(Theory and Practical) Skill Enhancement Course
- Research Methodology (Theory) Generic Electives
- Web Technology (Theory)
- Java Programming (Theory and Practical)
- Programming with PHP and MYSQL (Theory and Practical)
- Software Engineering & Project Management (Theory)
- Computer Networks (Theory) Skill Enhancement Course
- Multimedia & Animation (Theory) Generic Elective Courses
- Internet of Things (IOT) (Theory and Practical)
- Programming in Python(Theory and Practical)
- Data Science and Analytics (Theory and Practical)
- Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking (Theory)
- Enterprise Resource Planning(Theory)
- Artificial Intelligence(Theory)
- Embedded Systems(Theory)
- Distributed Computing (Theory)
- Cloud Computing (Theory and Practical)
- Major Project and Dissertation
Programme Prospects are as follows
- Analyst Programmer
- E-Disclosure Specialist
- Financial Software Developer
- Information Security Consultant
- Software Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate
- Few have gone on to study MCA postgraduate degree.
You are expected to participate wholeheartedly in various academic and community life, making the most of the opportunities available to you.
You are encouraged to be active in varied extra-curricular activities and enjoy participation in areas such as sport, traveling, outdoor activities and community work.
Paid or voluntary work
Although we do not require applicants to have been in paid or voluntary employment, we welcome applications from those who can manifest diligence and ability to prioritise by being employed in work alongside their studies.
Why I Chose GCU
Garden City University to me is always extremely special because I was just a normal student who wanted to have a graduation with a Bachelor’s and placement opportunity, but in reality GCU helped me unfold what I actually am and what exactly my area of interest and capabilities are, the freedom that you get in this University ensures you grow in the right path, the environment and the students I met in GCU from all the way across the world will be something I will forever keep missing, staff here are always polite to us and guide us exactly on what we look forward to. In the final year, even though I got an amazing placement opportunity I still had the complete freedom of choosing my path for which I will always be thankful. Hence my love towards GCU is endless.
Garden City University is not just a university it’s something very special that I never felt that I am from a different place. The education and placements were best. And I would like to thank my Teachers, Mentor and Friends who always helped and supported me, I will always be appreciative and have unending love for GCU. Thank You!!!
Garden City University is a 28-year-old institution and INTERDISCIPLINARY in nature. The University has eight Schools under it offering courses from Diploma to Bachelor to Post graduation to PhD. The university has students from 81 different countries and every state and union territory in India. The University has the unique mix of Arts, Science and Management Education offered with Technology as the base. Be it Media studies, Life Sciences or Hotel Management, the emphasis is on practical education with the aid of technology tools to enhance learning and equip a student to work in the industry. Not to mention GCU has the credit of awarding graduation certification to 28 Colonels of the Indian Army attached to the Corps of Military Police.
The admission process is based on the courses offered at the UG and PG level.
The student goes online, fills the application with required details and files the same online for registering for the programme of choice. This will be accompanied by paying a registration fee as mentioned in the application form.
However, if the student needs any clarification, be it regarding the programme of choice or GCU as a University, entry criteria etc, the counsellors at the University are just a call away.
Once the registration process is completed, the admissions department shall communicate on further documents required and fee to be paid for the programme of choice.
Post the above process the student shall submit their original certificate to the registrar’s office for validation and verification. Once this process is completed the student gets enroled and an ID card is issued to the student. (Hostel formalities and transportation facilities are addressed in this page)
After enrolment the student shall voluntarily apply for GCU’s talent test which shall be the criteria for availing scholarship for the first year of study. Such talent test shall be conducted year on year to encourage studious students and also set the criteria for a UG student to be the most favoured student of choice for PG programmes. Apply Now
The University runs its own hostels for boys and girls separately. The hostels are in the vicinity of the campus with automated entry and further secure measures. More details on the hostel, fees and terms and conditions may be availed from the admissions office.