PH.D PROGRAMME FOR THE YEAR 2019-20
Application in the prescribed form are invited from eligible candidates for enrolment to Ph.D. Programmes for the year 2019-20 as per the Garden City Univetrsity Regulations for award of Ph.D. Degrees in the following disciplines;
- Commerce and Management
- Computational Sciences and IT
- Life Sciences (Biotechnology & Microbiology)
- Hospitality Management
- Media Studies (Mass Communication & Electronic Media)
Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree from a University recognized by the UGC or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University.
Application form and the Garden City University Regulations for award of Ph.D. Degrees are available in the University website:
www.gardencity.university Downloaded application form duly filled in shall be submitted along with the required documents on or before 16th November 2019 to;
The Registrar, Garden City University, GCC House, # 340, 5th Main, Indiranagar Double Road, 1st Stage Indiranagar, Bangalore – 560 038.
ENTRANCE TEST PATTERN
- The cadidate has to appear for an entrance test in which the candidate should secure minimum qualifying marks of 50% to be eligible for Ph.D. admission. Candidates who secure less than 50% in the entrance test shall not be eligible for inclusion in the consolidated merit list under any circumstances.
- The entrance examination shall be for 100 marks. Section A consists of 50% questions evaluating Research Aptitude, Analytical Skills, Writing Skills, Comprehension and Reasoning and Section B consists of 50% of questions on discipline specific expertise
- Maximum marks for Entrance Test: 100.
- Nature of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- Discipline specific and Research Aptitude, Analytical Skills, Writing Skills, Comprehension and Reasoning.
- Duration of Entrance Examination: 120 minutes.
- All those candidates who take up interdisciplinary topics for research have to compulsorily appear for the entrance test in the concerned Department where the candidate has applied.
- Attested copies of degree certificates, marks sheets, caste certificate and other relevant documents should be enclosed.
- Those who are in service should submit their application form along with the No Objection Certificate from the employer.
- Incomplete or application not in the prescribed form will be rejected.
- No further correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
- University reserves all rights on final decision.