University established through Act no. 47 of 2013 in Karnataka State and approved by UGC, Govt. of India
Dr. D P Sudhagar
Garden City University
- Dr. Sudhagar, Associate Professor, School of Professional Studies, has completed Ph.D in Marketing at Anna University Chennai.
- He was the first Scholar from the Hospitality Management registered at the School of Commerce & Management, Anna University, Chennai and was also the first person who received a Doctoral degree in the Hospitality Specialization for his research on “Revisit Intention of Restaurant Customers” under the guidance of Dr.G. Rajendran, Professor & Head, School of Commerce & Management, Anna University, Chennai.
- He had extended the Theory of Planned Behavior model, a popular model developed by Icek Ajzen to predict the behavioral intentions of the people. He had extended the model by including the critical constructs which caused the revisit intention of the restaurant customers to understand the restaurant customers revisit intention.
- He holds an M.B.A in Marketing Management, and M.Sc. in Hotel & Catering Management. His achievements in the academic performance include “Gold Medal” in M.Sc and “5th Rank” in the B.Sc degree. He has completed International Short term Programme on “Entrepreneurship and Innovations in Food Sciences and Food Technology” conducted at School of Commerce & Management, Anna University.
- He has also participated in Faculty Development Training Programme on Marketing Management at College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai. He had worked with Global Leaders in the Hospitality Industry “TAJ Hotel, Resorts & Palaces” in the general management operations.
- His tenure at TAJ includes handling the sales & marketing operations, core-department operations and the training & development of the operational level team members of the hotel. His achievement in the hotel operations includes increased footfalls of the guest visiting the hotel, higher revenue and finest service quality standards.
- He also served as a Role Model for the team members to deliver exceptional performance in the work place. He was associated with ITC Hotel Park Sheraton & Towers, Chennai to enlighten his knowledge and skills of the hotel operations during the graduation degree period.
- He was the Departmental Trainer in the hotel. He has conducted several trainings to the team members in the department on attitude enhancement, personality development, personal hygiene & grooming, time management, event management, service quality, service recovery and complaint handling procedures, safety at work, guest engagement & delight, learning & fun at work place and innovation and creativity.
- He was also responsible for “Buddy Programme” to orient the new team members who joined the department. His teaching responsibility at Anna University, Chennai includes handling marketing and tourism classes for the M.B.A students of first year and second year during the Ph.D. period. Dr.Sudhagar has attended national level seminars and conferences; his research papers have been published in peer-reviewed journals.
- His interested research areas include food safety, eco-sensitivity of the hotels, locavore food, customer behavior models, fast food and nutrition & health.
Garden City Education Trust was established in 1992 by Dr. Joseph V.G. with the support of like-minded educationists like Prof. Shivarudrappa - former Dean, Karnatak University, Dr. Hanumanthappa – former Vice Chancellor, Bangalore University, Prof V.B. Coutinho - former Vice Chancellor, Gulbarga University and Prof. Rame Gowda - former Vice Chancellor of the Karnataka State Open University.
- The Trust was established to set up centres for educational excellence that would accept only qualitative practices nurturing students with value based education.
- The Trust began its operations with Garden City College of Science and Management Studies which has an “A - Grade”, the highest conferred to an educational institution, when assessed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) – the premier accreditation body under the UGC consecutively in three cycles of accreditation. These institutions are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14000:2004 certified.
- In 2013, the Government of Karnataka passed the “Garden City University Act”, taking into consideration the merits of the Garden City Education Trust. The Garden City University Act received the assent of the Governor of Karnataka on 26th March 2013 and was published in the Karnataka Gazette on 12th April 2013. A new university campus is being developed in a lush green area spread over 50 acres of land, adjacent to the Volvo manufacturing plant. This is a part of the 150 acres township envisaged by Dr Joseph V G which would have Knowledge Parks, IT and BT Parks, Hotels and Convention Halls, Shopping Malls and Residential areas.
- Our vision and belief that social development is an avenue for nation building, is inculcated through our approach and our policies
The legacy of Garden City University comes from the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.
The Garden City Group of Institutions has been a home for students from 81 nations to this day and the family is growing...
Please note : The above data need not be misread as that of Garden City University which commenced its operations in 2017; however GCU is a part of the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.