Back to home
Garden City University, Internal Quality Assurance Cell was established in the year 2016. Quality is the first and final parameter for every activity conducted at the university to fulfill the needs of the end stakeholders and to achieve sustainability. GCU IQAC acts as a foundation and guiding light for the entire university operations, administration, and management. The IQAC composition has been formed based on the framework prescribed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). GCU IQAC educates and creates awareness about the importance of Quality to the internal and external stakeholders from all levels. GCU Unique IQAC model comprises of 11 interlinked variables. The variable include need analysis, feasibility analysis, consideration of 14 principles of W Edward Deming, product and services development, standard operating procedure, quality control mechanism, implementation, evaluation, auditing, application of kaizen and quality. Every academic and administrative activity of the university strives to deploy the IQAC model to achieve quality excellence. Customized Higher Education Quality Assurance audits helps to identify quality gaps and develop improvement strategies to enhance the Quality through regular meetings, presentations and discussions. GCU Management information system plays a critical role in the overall functioning of IQAC.
GCU IQAC - Vision
To practice "Quality First" and “Do it Right the First Time" by every stakeholder who is part of Garden City University operations, administration, and management through active participation, internal and external collaboration and contribution to achieve quality excellence and sustainability.
GCU Quality Culture Inspirations
- Quality is everyone's Responsibility - W. Edwards Deming.
- Quality is not an act; it is a habit. - Aristotle
- Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford
- Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort. - John Ruskin
- Quality is the pride of Workmanship. - W. Edwards Deming
- Improve Quality you automatically improve productivity. - W. Edwards Deming
- Always aim at perfection for only then you will achieve excellence - J.R.D Tata.
GCU IQAC Model
GCU IQAC Objectives
- To follow the GCU Unique IQAC Model for developing products and services with quality control framework and an evaluation mechanism for a continuous improvement leading to quality excellence and sustainability in overall operations, administration, and management of the university.
- To link all the internal and external stakeholders of GCU in a supply chain cycle where roles and responsibilities, accountability of each stakeholder is monitored and continuously evaluated through effective feedback mechanism and discussion meetings.
- To actively develop and retain the quality culture in the university through innovative events and awareness programmes
- T recognize the best practices and exceptional efforts towards exceeding university quality parameters and expectations.
- To communicate the GCU best practices to all the stakeholders for the overall improvement of Higher Education in India.
GCU IQAC Strategies
- Comprehensive checklist for GCU university operations, administration, and management to bring all the functions of the university under the supervision of IQAC
- GCU IQAC model standardizes every activity of the university to ensure that the end stakeholder needs are fulfilled
- Continuous improvement based on Kaizen framework provides an opportunity to enhance and to improve the university operations leading to quality excellence and sustainability
- Importance of time, money, and energy is accounted for every academic and administrative task to achieve optimization in the performance.
- Academic and Research programs are integrated based on the contemporary trends and practices in the industry, leading to high employability and entrepreneurial skills among the graduates and scholars.
- Linking global and national perspectives for an enhanced learning leading to improvement of students, faculty members and research scholars to achieve exceptional competencies.
- Education for All. A concept to assist and guide the meritorious students from different segments of the society to access quality education at GCU.
- Creative ideas leading to innovative teaching andragogy for an interactive teaching and learning between the students and faculty.
- An Airtight policy on assessment and evaluation, bringing credibility and transparency in the academic and administrative process.
- Anticipate and provide adequate resources and facilities for the stakeholders to execute their role efficiently and effectively.
- Active engagements in Research, Innovation, Incubation, Consultancy, Entrepreneurship, and Events leading to nation building through collaboration, participation, and contribution across stakeholders in India and Abroad.
- Abide by the policy set by the Higher Education Approving authorities and active participation in executing the policy to achieve desired results.
- Education is a powerful weapon to change the world. Education at Garden City University will mainly focus on creating solutions for social problems, helping the under-privileged segments of the society to realize their dreams.
- Moral and ethical values abiding by the national and international laws leading to a positive attitude and outlook towards people, process, and planet will be one of the important strategies.
- Advancement in information technology will be used to the best of the abilities to automate the process for an error-free service, teaching and learning engagements and in the meantime, focus on maintaining the personalization and human touch.
- To work closely with government policy promotions and initiatives to contribute to the nation's development.
GCU IQAC Functions
- To bring together the internal and external stakeholders under GCU Quality Umbrella.
- Development and application of Quality Benchmarks.
- To develop Standard Operating Procedure for the academic and administrative functions of the university.
- To create an opportunity for Quality Innovations for enhancing the overall functioning of Garden City University and to contribute to the Indian Higher Education.
- To provide easy quality evaluation checklist for the stakeholders to ascertain the outcome quality.
- To enhance the effective teaching & learning process through integration of technology, creative teaching andragogy, positive learning atmosphere and active participation, collaboration between the faculty members and the learners.
- Develop a customized questionnaire and collect the responses related to expectations and performances form each stakeholders to identify gaps for corrective actions and improvements.
- Provide timely and comprehensive information to the stakeholders related to quality and enhancements required for the operations.
- Forecast and conduct need based interactive expert lectures, workshops, on the job training, off the job training for the stakeholders of Garden City University
- Review the initiatives/activities planned by the stakeholders based on quality evaluation framework and provide quality improvement recommendations.
- Develop effective documentation process for all the activities conducted by the University
- IQAC shall proactively initiate all the quality enhancement activities, communicate best practices to the stakeholders to deploy in their respective operations.
- Maintain Management Information System to track all the activities and to conduct audits to ensure quality maintenance.
- Forecast and communicate the need the Academic and Administrative audit and follow up from the respective auditing units.
- Collect, Segregate and store information for the preparation and submission of AQAR (Annual Quality Assurance Report) based on the standard guidelines prescribed by NAAC for the university
GCU IQAC Benefits
- Attitude and Culture "To practice "Quality First" and "Do it Right the First Time" by all the stakeholders of Garden City University
- Deploy Quality Parameter for every task planned and performed by the stakeholder
- Coordination and Cooperation among the stakeholders to work towards Quality Vision of the university
- Enhanced Products and Services meeting the needs of the end user through constant evaluation and upgradation.
- Handle the challenges and situations effectively based on the quality practices and reliable information.
- Reliable decision making exercise based on active participation and discussion among the stakeholders.
- Healthy Competing atmosphere and culture across the departments to bring the best quality.
- Constantly benchmark the existing practices with the best practices followed nationally and internationally to bring the best quality practices
- Contribution to the culture of lifelong learning leading to best performance in the university operations.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES FROM GCU IQAC
- Increased Stakeholders Satisfaction
- Sustainable University Performances
- Creation of Best Practices for Higher Education
- Increased Collaboration between the Stakeholders
- Global Competency in Human Talents
- Applied Research for Social Problems
- Innovations for Better India
- Utilization of Hidden Human Talents through Consultancy engagements
- Increased Entrepreneurial Ventures and Entrepreneurs through GCU INCUBATION EXCELLENCE leading to Employment generation and Economy creation for the country
- Legal and Ethical Compliances
- Application to Accreditation such as NAAC, National and International Ranking such as NIRF, QS I.GAUGE, KSURF, QS, THE, QS BRICS, QS STAR
- Industry Integrated Curriculum for an Application based learning
- Technology integration leading to Blended Learning
- Annual Quality Assurance Report