University established through Act no. 47 of 2013 in Karnataka State and approved by UGC, Govt. of India
Objectives at GCU
The larger objects of the University are:
- To support, promote and undertake advancement of an innovation in University Education leading up to and including Post Graduate, Doctoral and Post-doctoral courses in Technical, Health, Management, Life Sciences, Agriculture, Law and allied sectors and make provisions for research, advancement and dissemination of knowledge including consultancy in these fields
- To collaborate with other Universities, research institutions, non-profit organizations, industry associations, professional associations or other organizations, to conceptualize, design, develop and offer specific educational and research programmes, training programmes, and exchange programmes for students, faculty members and others.
- To undertake collaborative research and advocacy with any organizations with prior approval of State Government
- To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit and in particular, to make special provisions for integrated courses in Technical, Health, Management, Life Sciences, Agriculture, Law and other Higher Educational Programmes of the University and to make appropriate measures for promoting interdisciplinary studies in research.
- To develop human resources to meet the demands of high end technical and professional industries with research on future sustainable technologies catering to engineering solutions and support technology business and technology incubation.
- To provide innovative system of University level education, flexible and open with regard to methods and places of learning, combination of courses, eligibility for enrolment, age of entry, conduct of examinations and operation of programmes with a view to promoting access and equity in higher learning besides encouraging excellence in new fields of knowledge and placing special emphasis on both academic as well as application oriented learning.
- To develop resource centres to contribute to quality education with prior approval of State Government.
- To establish Campuses, Regional Centres, Study Centres and constituent Colleges at various locations in Karnataka and to contribute and develop an understanding of educational change in Technical, Professional, general education and social and human development with prior approval of Government.
- To institute degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions like award of credits on the basis of successful completion of academic work evaluated through multiple modern methods of assessment.
- To disseminate knowledge and develop a public debate on issues of education and allied development fields through seminars, conferences, executive education programmes, community development programmes and training programmes and events.
- To undertake programmes for development and training of faculty members and researchers of the University in partnership with any other University of quality with prior approval of the State Government.
- To undertake necessary or expedient action to pursue and promote the objectives of the University.
- To pursue any objectives as may be approved by the Government for the enhancement of education and other development sectors in India.
The legacy of Garden City University comes from the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.
The Garden City Group of Institutions has been a home for students from 81 nations to this day and the family is growing...
Please note : The above data need not be misread as that of Garden City University which commenced its operations in 2017; however GCU is a part of the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.