Back to home
“The library is the heart of all university’s work directly so as regards its research work and indirectly as regards its educational work which derives its life from research work. Scientific research needs a library as well as its laboratory, while for humanistic research the library is both library and laboratory in one.” - (Dr. Sarvepalli Rdhakrishnan, 1948).
Garden City University Library plays a vital role in providing Information Sources and services to the members of the library. The University library has huge collection of Information sources in various fields like Books, periodicals, Thesis, Dissertations, Bibliographies, OPAC Service, Reference, Referal Services.
Apart from the above, The University has subscription with various Academic Databases to meet every academic researcher's needs.
Designed to meet every academic researcher's needs, Academic Search Elite provides access to acclaimed full-text scholarly journals and magazines.
- 1,187 active, full-text, non-open access journals and magazines
- 977 active, full-text, peer-reviewed, non-open access journals
- 351 active, full-text, peer-reviewed, non-open access journals with no embargo
- 886 active, full-text, non-open access journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus
Covering All Major Academic Disciplines
Academic Search Elite is a rich resource spanning a broad stretch of academic subjects with thousands of full-text journals and abstracted and indexed journals. This database is sourced with PDF images for the great majority of journals; many of these PDFs are native (searchable) or scanned-in-color.
Topical Video Content
Academic Search Elite offers access to video content from the Associated Press, the world’s leading news agency. Videos relevant to the search terms will appear in a carousel in the result list. With footage from 1930 to the present and updated monthly, this collection of more than 77,000 videos covers a wide variety of topics.
It aims to collect, store, and disseminate information besides offering computerized services to users, to coordinate efforts for suitable collection development and also to reduce unnecessary duplication wherever possible.
Union CataLogue of Books - CCF
Union List of Current Periodicals
Union Catalogue of Periodicals
Database of Periodical Articles
Union List of Video Recordings
Union List of Sound Recordings
Database of Theses and Dissertations
Database of E-books
Apart from this , MHRD initiated a number of projects to assist students, scholars, teachers and lifelong learners in their studies. These initiatives cover educational requirements of learners ranging from school to Post Graduate. The introduction of those projects as follows.
- SWAYAM (https://swayam.gov.in/) provides Massive Open Online Courses with 140 universities approved credit transfer feature. Students enrolled in Jan-20 & in total are 26 Lakhs & 1.57 Cr respectably. Total 1900+ courses covering school & higher education.
- SWAYAMPRABHA (https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in/) provides high quality educational programs 24*7 through 32 DTH channels. Around 56,000 total videos have been telecasted covering school & higher education. It has 3+ crores total views on Youtube since inception.
- National Digital Library (NDL) (https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/) is a repository of e-content on multiple disciplines from primary to PG levels. It has 4.3 crores content (Text / Audio / Video / Simulation /Graphics), harvested from 250 sources; in 300+ languages. NDL has 55 Lakhs + registered users.
- e-Yantra (https://www.e-yantra.org/) provides hands on experience on embedded systems. It has about 380 Lab and made 2300+ colleges benefited.
- FOSSEE (https://fossee.in/) is acronym for Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Education, which developed, promote open source softwares for education as well as professional use.
- Virtual Labs (http://www.vlab.co.in/) has developed Web-enabled curriculum based experiments designed for remote – operation. Its 275 labs with 2200+ experiments made 18+ Lakhs students benefitted.
- e-gyankosh (http://egyankosh.ac.in/) is a National Digital Repository to store and share the digital learning resources. Its content developed by the Open and Distance Learning Institutions in the country.
- Gyan Darshan (http://www.ignouonline.ac.in/gyandarshan/) is a web based TV channel devoted to educational and developmental needs for Open and Distance Learner.
- Gyan Vani (105.6 FM Radio) & Gyandhara (web radio) (http://ignouonline.ac.in/Gyandhara/) Gyan Dhara is an internet audio counselling service where students can listen to the live discussions by the teachers and experts on the topic of the day and interact with them through telephone.
- DIKSHA (https://diksha.gov.in/) is a National Platform for Our Teachers & all other learner.
- Epathshala (http://epathshala.gov.in/) provides Free access of e-books ( class I to XII) through website and app.
- e-PG Pathshala (https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/) is a gateway for e-books upto PG which provides High quality, curriculum based, and interactive content in different subjects across all disciplines.
- e-ShodhSindhu (https://ess.inflibnet.ac.in/) is a collection of e-journals, e-journal archives and e-books on perpetual access basis. It has 10,000+ e-journals, 31,35,000+ e-books.
- Shodhganga (https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/) is a platform for research students to deposit their Ph.D. theses and make it available to the entire scholarly community in open access
- Shodh Shudhhi (PDS) (https://pds.inflibnet.ac.in/) is a Plagiarism Detection Software Encourage original information by preventing plagiarism.
- VIDWAN (https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/) is an Expert Database and National Research Network which has profiles of scientists / researchers and other faculty members working at leading academic institution
- Spoken Tutorial (https://spoken-tutorial.org/) is a Tutorial in IT application which provides self-training in IT fields.
- NEAT (https://neat.aicte-india.org/) is an AI adaptive learning portal. This is an initiative for skilling of learners in latest technologies through a PPP model.
- SAKSHAT (https://sakshat.ac.in/) is one Stop Education Portal for addressing all the education and learning related needs of students, scholars, teachers and lifelong learners. The portal provides the latest news, press releases, achievements etc related to Ministry of HRD. So visit SAKSHAT to know the world of online learning.