DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Pass at 10th Standard Examination/ Equivalent from a recognized board
Diploma in Hospitality Management
Hospitality is one of the most prospering sectors in the world today. Focusing on the essential concepts of hospitality, travel management, and the rapidly changing trends in these fields, this diploma programme at GCU equips graduates to cater to the industry’s ever-evolving needs.
The programme focuses on subjects such as human resource management, marketing in hospitality and tourism, issues in the hospitality and tourism industry, and more.
After the completion of this course, graduates get a chance to work in a field that appreciates creative thinking and encourages significant growth. This diploma programme in hospitality management equips students with good communication, decisive, and organizational skills, that are sought after for a fulfilling career in this area.
Hospitality managers can secure work in leading hotels, resorts, condos, and even in retail, food and beverage industries, as accommodation managers, catering managers, event managers, hotel and managers, human resources officers, conference centre directors, and more. The scope of their work is to ensure customer satisfaction and keep track of budgets and expenses.
- Reputation of quality teaching in a student friendly environment.
- This programme is in Professional Association with– FHRAI, South India Hotels and Restaurants Association and South India Culinary Association. This certifies that our programme is competent to strengthen the foundations of the students with the foundations enabling a career in hospitality sector.
- Develops an understanding of the blend between business and customer satisfaction.
- Joy of Learning is the principle guiding strategy for all courses at GCU.
- GCU employs ARM pedagogy method which fuels ambition in the student, provides ample resources to excel and continuous mentoring for the students to achieve their goal.
- We train you to Professionally Do and Scientifically Know.
- Most recent technologies included in Syllabus.
- Embedded grooming of professionals aimed at better placement.
- Successful graduates are highly placed in varied organizations including hotel industry, restaurants, front office management, airlines etc.
Pass at 10th Standard Examination/ Equivalent from a recognized board.
Fee structure for the Academic year 2023-24
Domestic / NRI Fee Structure
INR 30,000 + 18000 Hospitality Kit
5 Subsequent Instalments
International Fee Structure
$ 500 + INR 18000 Hospitality Kit
5 Subsequent Instalments
- Food Production Foundation I (Theory & Practical)
- Food & Beverage Service Foundation I (Theory & Practical)
- Front Office Operations Foundations I (Theory & Practical)
- House Keeping Operations Foundations I (Theory & Practical)
- Environmental Studies
- Hospitality Communication
- Food Production Foundation II (Theory & Practical)
- Food & Beverage Service Foundation II (Theory & Practical)
- Front Office Operations Foundations II (Theory & Practical)
- House Keeping Operations Foundations II (Theory & Practical)
- Modern Indian Language
- Speaking Kannada
- Introduction to Indian Cookery (Theory & Practical)
- Food & Beverage Service Operations I (Theory & Practical)
- Front Office Operations I (Theory & Practical)
- Front Office Operations I (Theory & Practical)
- Foreign Language Skills I
- Food Production Operations, Industry Exposure I
- Food & Beverage Service Operations, Industry Exposure I
- Front Office Operations, Industry Exposure I
- Housekeeping Operations, Industry Exposure I
- Personality Skills for Hospitality - Learning from Industry
- Introduction to Italian and Mexican Cuisine (Theory & Practical)
- F&B Service Management-I (Theory & Practical)
- Bakery, Confectionery & Patisserie (Theory & Practical)
- Accommodation Management-I
- Researching for Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Hospitality Law
- Accounting Skills for Hospitality
- Introduction to Chinese & Thai Cuisine (Theory & Practical)
- F&B Service Management-II (Theory & Practical)
- Accommodation Management-II (Theory)
- Computers in Hospitality Services (Theory & Practical)
- Project Work
- Hospitality Marketing
- Foreign language Skills-II
- Accommodation manager
- Catering manager
- Event organiser
- Fast food restaurant manager
- Hotel manager
- Public house manager
- Restaurant manager
- Air Hostess
The students are expected to participate in various academic and also in community-based programs, making the most of the opportunities available to you.
You are encouraged to be active in varied extra-curricular activities and enjoy participation in areas such as sport, traveling, outdoor activities and community work.
Paid or voluntary work
Although we do not require applicants to have been in paid or voluntary employment, we welcome applications from those who can manifest diligence and ability to prioritise by being employed in work alongside their studies.
Why I Chose GCU
Mr. Suhwan Lim
The reason why I chose Garden City University is that it empowers students to flourish their knowledge not only theoretically but also practically. They teach students how to implement whatever they have learned in the classes in real-world situations, and it inspired me to join the university.
Garden City University also teaches students how to socialize with people, bringing them a positive impact. I believe that the way they educate students will eventually lead students to be leaders of the upcoming new era in the future.
Garden City University is a 28-year-old institution and INTERDISCIPLINARY in nature. The University has eight Schools under it offering courses from Diploma to Bachelor to Post graduation to PhD. The university has students from 81 different countries and every state and union territory in India. The University has the unique mix of Arts, Science and Management Education offered with Technology as the base. Be it Media studies, Life Sciences or Hotel Management, the emphasis is on practical education with the aid of technology tools to enhance learning and equip a student to work in the industry. Not to mention GCU has the credit of awarding graduation certification to 28 Colonels of the Indian Army attached to the Corps of Military Police.
The admission process is based on the courses offered at the UG and PG level.
The student goes online, fills the application with required details and files the same online for registering for the programme of choice. This will be accompanied by paying a registration fee as mentioned in the application form.
However, if the student needs any clarification, be it regarding the programme of choice or GCU as a University, entry criteria etc, the counsellors at the University are just a call away.
Once the registration process is completed, the admissions department shall communicate on further documents required and fee to be paid for the programme of choice.
Post the above process the student shall submit their original certificate to the registrar’s office for validation and verification. Once this process is completed the student gets enroled and an ID card is issued to the student. (Hostel formalities and transportation facilities are addressed in this page)
After enrolment the student shall voluntarily apply for GCU’s talent test which shall be the criteria for availing scholarship for the first year of study. Such talent test shall be conducted year on year to encourage studious students and also set the criteria for a UG student to be the most favoured student of choice for PG programmes. Apply Now
The University runs its own hostels for boys and girls separately. The hostels are in the vicinity of the campus with automated entry and further secure measures. More details on the hostel, fees and terms and conditions may be availed from the admissions office.