University established through Act no. 47 of 2013 in Karnataka State and approved by UGC, Govt. of India
Dr. SIBI SHAJI
Garden City University
- Dr. Sibi Shaji is qualified in educational and techno-managerial field for the past 23 years. Completed her Ph.D in the field of Information Systems. She holds a MCA and B.Ed in Computer Science.
- She is also specialized in Human Resources Management qualifying MBA in HR and M.Phil in HR. Being proficient in dual areas; she extends her services in handling classes for MBA, MCA and BCA students.
- Adding to her credits, she has presented various papers in international / national conferences in the field of Computer Science and Management. She regularly contributes articles for the quarterly journal of National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM).
- She is the chief editor of the Journal "Optima" – a journal originated from the School of Computational Sciences & IT, Garden City College with the print ISSN No: 2320-4834. She is the corporate member of National Institute of Personnel Management and also a question paper setter for autonomous colleges. She is also a qualified EMS 14001 internal auditor.
- She is the Management Representative (MR) for ISO 9001:2008 in the institution. Her area of interest includes Management Information Systems, Computer Architecture, Analysis and Design of Algorithms. Apart from her academic interests in teaching, she is also interested in counselling students, and loves music and singing.
Garden City Education Trust was established in 1992 by Dr. Joseph V.G. with the support of like-minded educationists like Prof. Shivarudrappa - former Dean, Karnatak University, Dr. Hanumanthappa – former Vice Chancellor, Bangalore University, Prof V.B. Coutinho - former Vice Chancellor, Gulbarga University and Prof. Rame Gowda - former Vice Chancellor of the Karnataka State Open University.
- The Trust was established to set up centres for educational excellence that would accept only qualitative practices nurturing students with value based education.
- The Trust began its operations with Garden City College of Science and Management Studies which has an “A - Grade”, the highest conferred to an educational institution, when assessed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) – the premier accreditation body under the UGC consecutively in three cycles of accreditation. These institutions are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14000:2004 certified.
- In 2013, the Government of Karnataka passed the “Garden City University Act”, taking into consideration the merits of the Garden City Education Trust. The Garden City University Act received the assent of the Governor of Karnataka on 26th March 2013 and was published in the Karnataka Gazette on 12th April 2013. A new university campus is being developed in a lush green area spread over 50 acres of land, adjacent to the Volvo manufacturing plant. This is a part of the 150 acres township envisaged by Dr Joseph V G which would have Knowledge Parks, IT and BT Parks, Hotels and Convention Halls, Shopping Malls and Residential areas.
- Our vision and belief that social development is an avenue for nation building, is inculcated through our approach and our policies
The legacy of Garden City University comes from the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992 and proud of its 45000+ strong Alumni spread across the globe.
The Garden City Group of Institutions has been a home for students from 81 nations to this day and the family is growing...
Please note : The above data need not be misread as that of Garden City University which commenced its operations in 2017; however GCU is a part of the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.