University established through Act no. 47 of 2013 in Karnataka State and approved by UGC, Govt. of India
Dr.Sheeja M S
Controller of Examinations
Garden City University
- Professor Sheeja has been associated with the garden city group of institutions from 1998 and over the years has garnered immense experience in the field of academics and administration.
- She is an academician and teaching is her passion. She has a PhD in the area of Plant Biotechnology and has been the University topper during her post-graduation. Her areas of interest include microbiology, molecular biology, genetic engineering, immunology and has been imparting knowledge to students in these fields during the last 22 years.
- She started her career as a lecturer in microbiology at GCC and has grown to handle various responsibilities during the years. She has been the head of the department of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Dean for Life Sciences and has been instrumental in the development of the department of life sciences. She has guided students for various research projects and has also got grants for projects funded by KSCST
- The flagship event of the department of life sciences – Biorujivith a national level conference was initiated during her tenure. She has planned and organized various training programmes, workshops, seminars for the students.
- She is a member of the board of examiners in Microbiology and Biotechnology for UG and PG exams, Bangalore University and also member of the examination panel RGUHS.
- She has been very actively involved in various activities in campus and has managed various responsibilities. She is an integral part of the admission team, she has been the alumni co-ordinator, she is the president of the women’s development cell and manages the activities of the WDC, she has been managing the examinations at Garden City College for many years.
- Currently she is involved in the curriculum planning and designing for the Garden City University and is also holding the very responsible position of the Controller of Examinations at GCU.
Garden City Education Trust was established in 1992 by Dr. Joseph V.G. with the support of like-minded educationists like Prof. Shivarudrappa - former Dean, Karnatak University, Dr. Hanumanthappa – former Vice Chancellor, Bangalore University, Prof V.B. Coutinho - former Vice Chancellor, Gulbarga University and Prof. Rame Gowda - former Vice Chancellor of the Karnataka State Open University.
- The Trust was established to set up centres for educational excellence that would accept only qualitative practices nurturing students with value based education.
- The Trust began its operations with Garden City College of Science and Management Studies which has an “A - Grade”, the highest conferred to an educational institution, when assessed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) – the premier accreditation body under the UGC consecutively in three cycles of accreditation. These institutions are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14000:2004 certified.
- In 2013, the Government of Karnataka passed the “Garden City University Act”, taking into consideration the merits of the Garden City Education Trust. The Garden City University Act received the assent of the Governor of Karnataka on 26th March 2013 and was published in the Karnataka Gazette on 12th April 2013. A new university campus is being developed in a lush green area spread over 50 acres of land, adjacent to the Volvo manufacturing plant. This is a part of the 150 acres township envisaged by Dr Joseph V G which would have Knowledge Parks, IT and BT Parks, Hotels and Convention Halls, Shopping Malls and Residential areas.
- Our vision and belief that social development is an avenue for nation building, is inculcated through our approach and our policies
The legacy of Garden City University comes from the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.
The Garden City Group of Institutions has been a home for students from 81 nations to this day and the family is growing...
Please note : The above data need not be misread as that of Garden City University which commenced its operations in 2017; however GCU is a part of the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.