BCom is a 6 semesters program spanning over a period of 3 years. During the course of study, students are given insights into various aspects of business and its operations. The core agenda of the course revolves around building accounting, auditing and analytical acumen in students. The curriculum gives ample scope for a student to connect and learn from the latest practices in the industry, through the corporate mentoring system, internships, and industry-endorsed certification programs. The course also gives enough space to accommodate professional training to enrich and fortify the knowledge base that leads to Indian and international certifications like CA, CIMA, and CFA.
- Offers a holistic approach to commerce, with a strong foundation in the core areas and the opportunity to choose and specialise in areas of particular interest.
- Industry endorsed curriculum ensures relevance to the current scenarios of the corporate world.
- Research inclined curriculum and micro-projects incorporated in every module encourages critical analysis and inquisitiveness on a wide range of contemporary issues in commerce and accountancy.
- An international environment created with students from over 79 countries ensures learning experience with a diverse range of perspectives.
- Bangalore provides an excellent learning ground with its multinational corporate houses offering opportunities to engage with the latest in the business sectors.
- Excellent placement record stands testimony to the employability of our graduates with our alumni, spread across various sectors that include banking, consultancy, accountancy, marketing, business analytics, advertising and management.
- Associations with professional bodies like CII, AIMA, FKCCI gives and edge over the conventional courses.
- We train you to Practice Professionally and Learn Scientifically
This Course Is Offered By The Regulating Authority Of Garden City Group Of Institutions And Follows The Guidelines As Opined By UGC.
While you pursue BCom - Bachelors of Commerce with us, you will learn a wide range of subjects in management and related fields. Subjects in BCom focuses on Fundamentals, Principles, Methods and processes in Accounts, Finance, E-commerce, Banking & Auditing along with a brief overview of Business Management. The fields into which a BCom graduate can apply their knowledge and skills are exhaustive, to mention a few: charted accountancy, banking, stock, and commodity markets, auditing, financial and business analytics, e-commerce, corporate law etc.
In your first year, you will study modules that give you a general understanding of the concepts in commerce & accountancy and a strong foundation to imbibe your advanced modules. In the third semester, you have an option to choose your electives, depending on your area of interest. In the final three semesters, you are exposed to minor and major projects along with an opportunity for an internship.
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- BUSINESS ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS LAW
- BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
- BUSINESS MATHS AND STATISTICS
- COMPANY LAW
- INCOME TAX LAW AND PRACTICE
- SPEAKING KANNADA (LANGUAGE)
- COST ACCOUNTING
- ADVANCED CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
- BANKING INSURANCE
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE
- GENERAL ENGLISH
- PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES OF AUDITING
- E -COMMERCE
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- (HR /MAR/FIN/ED)
- MAJOR PROJECT / DISSERTATION
The courses give you ample opportunity to pick and choose from various graduation options such as:
BCom – The classic BCom course with the most industry relevant subjects offering electives in Accounts, Marketing & Finance.
BCom Honours – Additional specialised subjects with extra credits place the professional competency at higher strata.
Career prospects are as follows:
25 years of legacy and strong placement initiatives has ensured that GCU Graduates are highly employable. The strong alumni base provides hand holding for a smooth transition from classroom to the corporate.
Regular recruiters on our campus include:
Offering one of the most lucrative placement packages, our students are placed with companies such as Macmillan, IBM, Cognizant, Infosys, Times of India, Deccan Herald, Indian Express, etc.
Academics: Pass in 10+2 or Equivalent.
Desirable Aptitude And Areas Of Interest
Social, Analytical, Sharp, Precisionist, Competitive, Inquisitive if these words describe you, and
you take a keen interest in reading, working in teams, learning; you will have an added
advantage and will be able to polish your personality through various activities conducted at