Make a career out of travel!
Make sure that your customers enjoy the best time of the year, a service industry with considerable economic, social, political, cultural and environmental significance, both domestically and internationally negotiate with hotels, advertising agencies, airlines and much more. As a manager in the multifaceted tourist sector, you will encounter many responsibilities.
Start your career at the heart of the Tourist hub, here in Bangalore. By studying for a Bachelor's degree at the Garden City University, the only university to have a strong prominence on Professionally doing and Scientifically knowing with regards to teaching pedagogy and hence deliver the quality in training as an expert with the main focus on relevant areas, with a range of choices.
This course, since its inception in Garden City College, aims to produce graduates who have an understanding of the operation of the private and public sectors and the interactions between them with respect to tourism.
- GCU’s main focus with regard to contents consist of business basics with a tourism covering, cross cultural and social competence as well as leadership- and professional competence.
- Our subject specialist staff, and course design is to develop and maximize your potential through a variety of teaching methods and activities with professional work and scientific knowledge for learning.
- It also provides students with the opportunity of developing more specific vocational skills related to potential career areas in either the public or private sectors involved in tourism.
- BA Tourism, History and English deals with the maintenance and development of a multinational educational quality in tourism management across national borders, our students have the knowledge and the skills required to manage and handle cross-cultural processes, stakeholders and environments in a right and ethical way.
- We bring in travel experts and industry for It is noticed in literatures that more successful learning occurs when teachers’ teaching methods are matched to students’ learning styles that students are able to adapt more readily to different learning situations.
- We identify the most commonly employed teaching methods in the department.
- We investigate students’ preferences of teaching methodology.
- We identify the reasons why students, prefer methods of teaching and have adopted our own professional learning and working with scientific knowledge based on in-depth subject knowledge which also provide for fundamental learning at GCU.
Our tourism BA program at Garden City University has been designed by professional industry experts and the syllabus has been formulated from the best minds in the business and the scientific knowledge with academic prospects for our students at GCU.
As a tourism manager you are the right contact person for any company that seeks to meet the needs of travelers. This includes companies like tour operators and travel agents, hotel and club resorts, incoming tourist agencies, associations, trade fair and conference organizers, management consultancies, as well as hotel chains and airlines.
Career opportunities for BA Tourism in GCU industries also include: hotels and resorts, restaurants and caterers, event organizing and planning, tourism destinations and attractions, leisure and recreation management, airlines, cruises, environmentally sustainable tourism development and spa management.
This course was design to assess the student’s preference of the various teaching methods in BA tourism department, in Garden City University we assure in a new and innovative learning edge following our own methodology in teaching. Tourism is an industry that has innumerable profit- making opportunities. Thus, this seems to be one of the most sought after vocational courses of recent times. This subject revolves around gathering information about tourist destinations, development of marketing skills, report writing, etc.
Our students have been placed into position such as:
After you have successfully completed your Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Tourism at GCU, the many-sided world of the tourism sector will open up for you. The course provides access to a wide range of career opportunities in the hospitality, tourism and events industries, offering a tremendous opportunity for ambitious students who enjoy working with people.
Career prospects are as follows:
- Press offices
- Print journalism
- Public relations specialist
- Television and radio journalism
- Social Scientist
- Travel agency jobs-tour operator, travel agent, tourist guide etc.
- Hospitality industry
- Tourist information bureau
- Aviation industry
Academics: Pass at 10+2/Equivalent from a recognised board
Desirable Aptitude And Areas Of Interest
The students should have the enthusiasm for scholastic activities such as rational reading & writing practices, media research, analytical reasoning capability, communicative approach and they should show interest in a compact module structure.
The students are expected to participate in various academic and also in community-based programs, making the most of the opportunities available to you.
You are encouraged to be active in varied extra-curricular activities and enjoy participation in areas such as sport, traveling, outdoor activities and community work.
Paid or voluntary work
Although we do not require applicants to have been in paid or voluntary employment, we welcome applications from those who can manifest diligence and ability to prioritise by being employed in work alongside their studies.
- Register/ Apply Online
- Generation of Unique ID Number
- Selection of Courses Offered
- Enrolment Details
- Entrance for Scholarship/Educational Loan
- Fee Payment
- Personal Interview with Dean
- Enrolment Confirmed
- Issuing of GCU Enrolment Letter
- Entry to GCU Student’s Dashboard Entry